Sunday 6 March 2011

Adele

I usually don't pay attention to pop music, so I was late to loving Adele, who is truly something else. Her 2011 release, 21, is not so much your standard commercialized pop, but pop music in the true sense -- a popularly accessible vocalization on a well-worn human subject, in this case, heartbreak. She draws from soul, gospel, blues, R&B, pop, disco, and a large amount of diva(!), to sometimes thunderous, sometimes aching results. 21 is a jumping, jiving soulful hit from beginning to end -- nothing misses the mark! And it is just the thing to get your spirit moving and your mojo grooving.

3 comments:

  1. I have her 19 album and love it. I'll have to get 21! Gilles says it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! You were the first one who mentioned her to me but I forgot to look her up till I saw her reviewed recently on a music website!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! They played a couple Adele songs on Grey's Anatomy last night to set to music the story of Adele, the Chief's wife!

    ReplyDelete