Thursday 24 March 2011

Be Scrappy!

Just today, I decided on this as my new motto, in commemoration of what I've learned during my year in New Brunswick, and in preparation for 4-7 years of grad student poverty starting this Fall. (Yes, that's right! I got accepted! Yay me!)

[...]
me: I thought our whole summer would be non-stop wedding!
Brian: no
can't afford that!
14:59 me: haha!
eat our fill at wedding buffets and fast inbetween haha
be scrappy!
that is my new motto.
Brian: be scrappy?
me: yeah
Brian: feisty?
me: no...
15:00 Brian: fight?
live modestly?
me: resourceful, tough, non-materialistic, adjective for scrapper (source: dictionary of pam)
15:01 stretch any scrap of resource to its fullest extent!
for success and for enjoyment!
fight off bears fight off nay-sayers, fight off mean old scholars!!!

I think that is what describes New Brunswickers
Scrappy!
Always having gotten by on little
15:04 and still knowing how to milk fun out of every moment
Tough, cultured and resourceful!
Brian: that's a good attitude
!!!!
me: You're scrappy too!
(It's a great compliment)
Brian: You're scrappy
15:05 You're scrappy too!
me: Scrappers survive apocalypses
Thanks!
15:06 Brian: We'll survive the apocalypse together!


Here's an old black and white cartoon from the 1930's about Scrappy the adventuresome kid. I love how much heart and spunk he has! I think he represents my inner scrapper.

1 comment: